Scope of the project was making a drop fit magnesium suspension to be:
1. Identical to the aluminum stock suspension in terms of strength but
2. Longer by 12 mm. for improving road traction and stability and
3. Lighter then stock by 30% in terms of unsprung weight.
"FEW WORDS ABOUT THE INFLUENCE OF UNSPRUNG WEIGHT OVER BIKE PERFORMANCE"
- The law about the influence of unsprung weight over bike dynamic performance, which is defined by the absurd equation 1 equals 8, is known and globally accepted.
- The concept is that by diminishing the unsprung mass of a bike suspension by 1 weight unit, such diminution will have an influence 8 times larger over the bike dynamic performance.
- In other words, 1 Kg reduction to a suspension unsprung weight is dynamically equivalent to lightening the bike kerb weight by 8 Kg.
- If you consider that the RAM magnesium sssarm for the MONSTER weighs only 3,500 grams, the unsprung weight decrease amounts to 1500 grams or 30%.
- 8 times 1500 grams corresponds dynamically to a lightening of 12 kilograms
- Those of you who tried lightening the kerb weight of any bike have realized the importance of an improvement of 12 Kg that is immediately available by installing a RAM magnesium sssarm, an improvement added to others, like better traction and stability due to the RAM sssarm lengthening.
No posts found