ECU Marelli Racing RS 660, code: COE21034
Aprilia Racing has developed a dedicated ECU for the RS 660 for track use. The ignition advance and injection maps are desinged for a full exhaust system. The electronic management system parameters determining the activation thresholds of the vehicle control systems, however, have been completely recalibrated for use specifically on a closed race circuit. These new calibrations allow extreme banking angles without triggering an invasive response from the control systems, which may still be set from the switchgear on the handlebar. The reduced engine braking effect allows faster, smoother braking. The Marelli Racing ECU has been specifically reprogrammed for this application, and the new map differs from the standard production map as follows:
- Injection and ignition advance maps for complete exhaust system
- Secondary air system management disabled.
- Immobilizer disabled (in ECU).
- NOTE – The instrument cluster must also be replaced in order to remove the ignition switch assembly and the physical immobilizer system.
Functional differences relative to standard map:
- Optimized with less invasive TCS and WC.
- Reduced engine brake effect.
- All engine maps are completely unrestricted (full power) and specific for racing exhaust systems.
- Also usable with ABS.
- This ECU must be used together with the standard clutch control switch. The ECU will not function correctly if this switch is removed.
- We recommend starting with a high TCS level when using for the first time, and then trying gradually lower settings.
- This ECU was designed for use in motorsports competitions on circuits closed to traffic. For this reason, use on public roads is strictly prohibited.
- This ECU must be installed by expert personnel with official palm-held instrumentation for configuration of the bike's parameters.
- This component is not covered by warranty and therefore the manufacturer cannot be held responsible for any problems or damage caused.
- Always remember that making modifications to the electronics parameters may cause serious consequences for the bike and the rider.
FOR CLOSED COURSE COMPETITION USE ONLY. NOT INTENDED FOR STREET USE, LEGAL IN CALIFORNIA ONLY FOR RACING VEHICLES WHICH MAY NEVER BE USED, OR REGISTERED OR LICENSED FOR USE, UPON A HIGHWAY.
No posts found